For a new twist on an old subject, we decided to do some night photography at Old Sheldon Church south of Charleston via Highway 17S near Beaufort.  The pre-existing building was originally known as Prince William’s Parish Church and was built between 1745 and 1753.  It was first burned by the British in 1779 during the Revolutionary War and rebuilt in 1826.  It was burned a second time in February 1865 by General Sherman’s troops marching from Georgia into South Carolina.  It was never rebuilt.